Getting this error: Starting nginx: [warn]: conflicting server name domain2.com

d3l0n nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Mar 10 22:37:49 MSK 2010

I have two domains domain1.com and domain2.com. The settings I have for domain1.com are:

server {

            listen   80;
            server_name  www.domain1.com;
            rewrite ^/(.*) http://domain1.com/$1 permanent;

           }

server {

            listen   80;
            server_name domain1.com;

            access_log /home/test/public_html/domain1.com/log/access.log;
            error_log /home/test/public_html/domain1.com/log/error.log;

            location / {

                        root   /home/test/public_html/domain1.com/public/;
                        index  index.html;

And the settings I have for domain2.com are:

server {

            listen   80;
            server_name  domain2.com;
            rewrite ^/(.*) http://www.domain2.com/$1 permanent;

           }

server {

            listen   80;
            server_name domain2.com;

            access_log /home/test/public_html/domain2.com/log/access.log;
            error_log /home/test/public_html/domain2.com/log/error.log;

            location / {

                        root   /home/test/public_html/domain2.com/public/;
                        index  index.html;

The main difference is in the re-write rule. In the current state when I start nginx I get the following error:

Starting nginx: : conflicting server name "domain2.com" on 0.0.0.0:80, ignored
nginx.

And accessing domain2.com will lead to nginx welcome page.

If I change the re-write rule of domain2.com to match domain1.com then the warning message disappears and I can access domain2.com page just fine.

Any help please?

Thanks

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,62419,62419#msg-62419