nginx eval with memc set command very slowly

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 06:09:45 MSK 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 11:05 AM, agentzh <agentzh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've reproduced this hang on my side and spent half of my day tracking
> this issue. But it looked deeper than I had expected.

Forgot to mention that the "post subrequest" handler does not get
called in this case. It seems ngx_http_upstream does not call
finalize_request. Most likely an issue in ngx_memc's input filters.

If others can take a look at the ngx_http_memc_empty_filter_init and
ngx_http_memc_empty_filter functions in ngx_memc below, I'll really
appreciate that:

    http://github.com/agentzh/memc-nginx-module/blob/master/src/ngx_http_memc_response.rl

Thanks!
-agentzh