proxy_cache_purge for nginx/0.8.34

Piotr Sikora piotr.sikora at frickle.com
Sun Mar 14 19:18:59 MSK 2010

Hi,

> location ~ /purge(/.*) {
> allow 127.0.0.1;
> deny all;
> proxy_cache_purge tmpcache   "$scheme://$host$1";
> }

> http://www.mysite.com/test-2/2220
> http://www.mysite.com/purge/test-2/2220 won't do anything, just getting a
> 404.
>
> GET /test-2/2220             upstream_cache_status HIT
> GET /purge/test-2/2220            upstream_cache_status -

Just to make sure: are you requesting purges from localhost (127.0.0.1)?

> Piotr - is there any way to get proxy_cache_purge to log its activity? I
> am not sure it is even working, although I do not get any error message
> when restarting NGINX.

At this time it only logs successful purges at http debug level and failures
to delete files from hard disk at critical level.

> It seems that I keep getting upstream_cache_status UPDATING
> Does that mean the purging is scheduled somehow?

No, this has nothing to do with ngx_cache_purge.

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora < piotr.sikora at frickle.com >