nginx as reverse caching proxy for CentOS repositories

Wouter Schoot wouter at schoot.org
Thu Mar 18 23:58:26 MSK 2010

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for replying,

> Have you actually tried looking into your client's code as
> I've already suggested?
>
> Given the fact that there are multiple requests with Range header
> and some of them replied with 200 (and full content) it's pretty
> obvious that client which doesn't handle 200 correctly will get
> garbled result.  And you can't do anything with it without
> actually fixing client (or stopping it somehow from using range
> requests).

I understand what you're saying. However, since "my client" is the
CentOS/RedHat installer (Anaconda is used during that installer to
download and install the *.rpm files), I'm not going to be able to modfy
it's code I think. And besides, I'm not that good at reading code.

I'm now, since I'm quite sure it is indeed the installer that goes
wrong, looking for a way to work around it. Perhaps some server-side
voodoo or (as I tried tonight) another proxy in between that filters
some of the headers (I tried pound, but to no avail yet).

Wouter