NginxHttpAuthBasicModule with Sinatra & Passenger

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Mar 22 17:44:09 MSK 2010

Hello!

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 09:24:57AM -0400, scainey wrote:

> I'm serving static pages from a Sinatra application using Nginx
> & Phusion Passenger.
>
> I've implemented Basic Authentication for one page on the site
> using NginxHttpAuthBasicModule, the authentication succeeds but
> Nginx doesn't resolve the link. Error log gives -
>
>     2010/03/22 12:15:19  7143#0: *2902 open()
>     "/home/me/live/mysite_home/public
>     /mypage" failed (2: No such file or directory), client:
>     82.71.18.122, server: mysite.com, request: "GET /mypage
>     HTTP/1.1", host: "mysite.com"
>
> The actual file is found at:
>
>      /home/me/live/mysite_home/live/mypage.erb

[...]

> Not sure if this is a Sinatra, Passenger or Nginx thing, or if
> I'm just missing something.

The request to /mypage maps to <root>/mypage file, this is quite
normal and nothing in your config suggests any other
interpretation.

If you expect this to be handled somehow by passenger - it's
probably good idea to report the problem to passenger folks.
AFAIK there are no passenger folks here.