dynamic content, fastcgi, server stop reponse!

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Fri Mar 26 19:34:43 MSK 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 11:13 -0400, bvc100x wrote:
> I running 1000 php process to serve user download file content! i was
> start testing nginx a few weeks ago! i am also running 70+ servers
> serving php download content!
>
> I do not use nginx on any of my server right now! reason:
>
> nginx only support fastcgi, do not support php itself! we need php
> only support! not fastcgi! some dynamic content will cause server
> overload! and we do not want to use buffer!

This would make no difference!  FastCGI is not the bottleneck!   Your
application is!

> if u say i am a server engineer, if nginx can only run wordpress...
> then it is not a web server! it is a wordpress server...

You should write your application to be more efficient!   You should
also learn to not blame others for your own failings!   No one said
Nginx is only for Wordpress!   Have a good day!

Sigh.  The price of growing popularity.

Cliff