client ip address using proxy_pass and issues

kevin kevincastiglione at
Mon Mar 29 05:48:30 MSD 2010

i am trying to move from nginx->fastcgi to nginx->apache->fastcgi

this how i have configured proxy_pass to my apache running on 2080.
my app gets the client ip address as how to make it see the
correct real ip address.

        location / {
            root   /home/live/work/apps;
            proxy_set_header Host $host;
            proxy_set_header IP_GEO $geo;

i get the server address as this 'SERVER_ADDR': '', how to fix

the IP_GEO header gets converted to HTTP_IP_GEO, is there anyway to avoid
this as my python app uses IP_GEO everywhere.

thanks a lot!