Editing headers in both directions

Toni Mueller support-nginx at oeko.net
Mon Mar 29 14:23:56 MSD 2010

Hi,

after digging deeper into my Domino problem, I found that I should be
able to edit both incoming and outgoing headers, eg. to cut out the
domain part of said cookie (reconfiguring the server is a no-go), and
adding the part back in later when the client sends the modified cookie
back, so the Domino server can properly recognize the cookie.

I'd like to say something like

rewrite_header <headername> <direction> ...

where "..." is the same stuff as in the "rewrite" directive.

I've started taking a close look at ngx_http_rewrite_module.c, but
after reading some here
http://www.evanmiller.org/nginx-modules-guide.html, I found that I'm
most likely going down the wrong path. At least, I don't see how the
functionality I want fits into Evan's taxonomy of "handler", "filter",
and "upstream" modules.

Some guidance would be MUCH appreciated!

TIA!

Kind regards,
--Toni++