hiding the identity of nginx

Nuno Magalhães nunomagalhaes at eu.ipp.pt
Tue Mar 30 13:11:25 MSD 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 09:42, huet bartels <hbartels at i-neda.com> wrote:
> Dear All.
>
> Have managed to check the following files to change the identity of
> nginx to another string, plus the footer section of the error pages.

It would be easier (and more useful) to personalize your error pages.
For instance:
	error_page 404 /40x.html;
	location = /40x.html {
		root   /var/www/nginx-default/default;
	}

> But when I looked at the headers via firefox the images where still
> showing nginx as the server.  Where else would I need to change this in
> the source to completely hide the string nginx from the public

The "Server: " header is what you're looking for. I'm not sure if
that's mandatory by some RFC, but you'd have to dig into other files.
If you search the archive you might find a 'patch' somewhere - whether
it still applies for current versions i don't know.

--
()  ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto
/\  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail