Need example of nginx.conf for Tomcat 6 (running Alfresco)

Stefan Scott lists at
Wed May 5 08:46:17 MSD 2010

Hi -

I have recently installed Alfresco on my server, using Tomcat (no
Apache), and I'm able to access Alfresco as follows WITHOUT using nginx:

Now, of course, I would like to access Alfresco 3.3 Community Edition
using Tomcat 6, with nginx as the front-end proxy.

I can't figure out how to set up my file nginx.conf correctly!

Currently, I have a section as follows in my nginx.conf file:

server {
  listen       80;
  root /opt/Alfresco/tomcat/webapps/alfresco/;

  access_log  off;
  rewrite_log on;

  location / {
      proxy_redirect     off;
      proxy_set_header   Host             $host;
      proxy_set_header   X-Real-IP        $remote_addr;
      proxy_set_header   X-Forwarded-For  $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;

  error_page   500 502 503 504  /50x.html;
  location = /50x.html {
      root   html;

I also did chmod 755 on all files in directory
/opt/Alfresco/tomcat/webapps/alfresco to make sure they're

But, when I point my browser to it returns
"HTTP 400 - bad request".

Does anyone know how I should set up nginx.conf so that nginx will work
as a front-end proxy for Tomcat/Alfresco?

Posted via