Question about install support for python and php together

Joshua Jonah josh at collabrestate.com
Thu May 6 14:06:39 MSD 2010

The problem is that FCGI is a bag of crap and anything non-thread safe
will usually crash it. You either have a babysit it with something like
Monit, or use something more modern like uWSGI or Gunicorn. uWSGI is a
wsgi server written in C and needs to be compiled as well as requires a
compiled version of Nginx, although this is recommended anyway because
the Debian Aptitude version of Nginx is so damn old. Gunicorn is a 100%
wsgi server and shares many of the same benefits as uWSGI, but has not
been as fast in my tests. Either of these, your app will be the slow
part, not the wsgi server so it doesn't matter.

Hope this helps.