FastCGI vs Proxy requests

Kyrra nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon May 10 06:06:37 MSD 2010

I'm doing some playing around and I'm looking to implement a comet-type server behind Nginx.  I'm wonder what would be a better interface to to connect my code with Nginx, using proxy to pass the request through or to forward it on with FastCGI.

I can understand that proxy pass-through would let me make my code just live on its own without Nginx if I want to some day.  I'm just wondering if one is better than the other... or just pros/cons of the 2 interfaces.

Thanks,
-Kyrra

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,84623,84623#msg-84623