Help needed - long polling module

Ian Hobson ian at ianhobson.co.uk
Fri May 14 00:36:34 MSD 2010

Hi guys,

I have code that uses the nginx long polling module *almost* working.

It all works fine except that, about one start in 4, the read message
repeatedly returns the same first message.

It has never failed under a debugger! It appears to fail more often on a
mac, and using FF under Linux than in windows.

I'm at a loss. How can I track down the problem?  Any ideas appreciated.

Regards

Ian

The logs say the nginx is serving the message repeatedly when the
trouble strikes.

When a message comes in, I am saving the LAST_MODIFIED header and
returning the value in the 'If-Modified-Since' header of the following
request.