nginx-0.8.37

Manlio Perillo manlio_perillo at libero.it
Tue May 18 21:12:00 MSD 2010

Igor Sysoev ha scritto:
> On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 06:34:18PM +0200, Manlio Perillo wrote:
>
>> Igor Sysoev ha scritto:

>>> The Vary header is response header, you can not use it in cache key.
>>>
>> I meant the Vary header from backend response.
>
> Backend response headers can not be used in cache key, because nginx
> does not know them: the key is used to find a cached backend response.

The idea is two use a two level cache lookup.

The first level is done using original cache_key.
The associated cache zone will contain the Vary header specified when
backend response is cached.

The second level is done using cache_key updated with request headers
specified in Vary header.

This is just an idea, I was curious to know if adding support to Vary
header is possible with current implementation.

Thanks  Manlio