Squirrelmail broken after changing cgi.fix_pathinfo to 0

Ian Evans ianevans at digitalhit.com
Wed May 26 02:24:14 MSD 2010

Well, I did my migration to changing cgi.fix_pathinfo=0 and my new rewrite
rules for my extensionless files are working.

After tooling around the site to make sure things worked I headed over to
my Squirrelmail. Though I was able to login and read messages, when I
clicked on any of the menu items (compose|address|folders|etc) I'd receive
a no input file specified error. Checking the debug log, I noticed that
instead of /webmail/src/compose.php?mailbox=INBOX&startMessage=16, the
link was pointing to
/webmail/src/src/compose.php?mailbox=INBOX&startMessage=16 <--note the
"src/src"

Googling that I see a few people had that problem (including myself back
in '08). I guess my solution involved changing cgi.fix_pathinfo to 1 but
obviously, that's not the solution know.

If you're running Squirrelmail, could you please post your webmail
location settings including the fastcgi parameters. Obviously the problem
is internal to SM's php, but I'm assuming changing a fastcgi parameter may
be the fix.

Thanks!