can nginx modules read files from network connection?

shugyo nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu May 27 13:04:16 MSD 2010

Hello,
My first post, please excuse if this question is answered, I did not find information with searches.

  I am using flv module as basis for a download module that talks to MySQL for authorization (filehash in URI checked against users's session cookie & timestamp for download permission in database).

For now files used are in the filesystem. But I cannot tell with my limited knowledge yet whether nginx can also open files from network (TCP/IP)? Is that also possible, or file systems only for now?

I am using 0.7.64 and 0.7.65 for production servers but if there is something in development versions my boss is willing to consider using those versions for our specific needs.

Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,90849,90849#msg-90849