Re: Nginx logic (if cookie set, redirect here…) Is it possible?

Thomas Delonge lists at
Fri May 28 19:20:29 MSD 2010

Igor Sysoev wrote:
> On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 04:47:47PM +0200, Thomas Delonge wrote:
>> proxy_cache_use_stale  error timeout invalid_header updating
>>                          http_500 http_502 http_503 http_504;
>> And it helps a ton. (instead of 15 requests per second it gets over
>> 1000). Now I just need some sort of "server logic" to say only serve the
>> cached page if they have no cookie, otherwise, load the dynamic page
>> (which will automatically redirect them into the app).
>> Any ideas?
> You should get the latest nginx version 0.8.38 and add:
>     proxy_no_cache   $cookie_NAME;
> --
> Igor Sysoev

Thanks so much. I'll install that version then.

I've had troubles understanding some things (with Nginx in general). I
understand the general structure of the configuration and virtual hosts
and such. But I haven't really understood the variables. When you say
$cookie_NAME, does that mean I literally put that? Or Do I put
Posted via