Block certain extensions preferably across virtual hosts

kosh nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Nov 8 11:36:04 MSK 2010

I have been working on converting from apache to nginx and I have a
rule

RewriteRule \.(asp|aspx|php|jsp)$ - [F,L]

to block all of those. What would be the best way to convert that to
nginx and is there a way to do it in one place so that all
virtualhosts share it?

If I could put that in one place so it applies to everything I serve
with nginx it would be much easier to add other things to it over time.
Mostly I want to completely block many extensions since it makes
analyzing errors much simpler.

Thanks

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,148723,148723#msg-148723