URL Redirect Problems

fwKilo nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Nov 12 00:51:15 MSK 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm having problems attempting to redirect to another website. My
objective here is when I visit "Site A" and click on a link, it will
take me to another site on the same server, "Site B". The URL has to
look like that you're still on "Site A" while displaying content from
"Site B". This is what my vhost.conf looks like right now.

[code]
server {
	listen *:80;
	charset utf-8;
	#server_name vbox.proxy.mysite.com;

	access_log /var/log/nginx/mysite.proxy.access.log;
	error_log /var/log/nginx/mysite.proxy.error.log error;

	root /home/webuser/webroots/mysite/utilities;

	location /tango {
    	rewrite ^ http://vbox.bravo.mysites.com permanent;
[/code]

I'd go to "vbox.proxy.mysite.com/tango" and I'll be redirected to
"http://vbox.bravo.mysites.com", which is great in the sense that the
content is displayed and I'm able to navigate the site normally. Any
advice?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,149946,149946#msg-149946