Issue with upstream

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Nov 16 21:24:51 MSK 2010

Hello!

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 03:02:00PM +0000, Phil Bayfield wrote:

> I had actually prefixed upstream and localhost 000 and everything else 100
> to force them to load in the correct order.
> On 1 particular domain it would throw that error unless it was loaded last,
> hence just giving it a prefix 101 solved the issue.
> Bit strange!

Addition prefixes isn't going to do anything good as nginx doesn't sort
included files (I assume you used something like "include
/path/*.conf") and they are loaded in unspecified order (as
filesystem returns them).

You have to manually preserve correct order, i.e. use something
like

include /path/to/generic/includes/*.conf;
include /path/to/virtual/hosts/*.conf;

Maxim Dounin

p.s. Please do not top-post.  Thank you.