Nginx proxying chunked transfer encoding?

agentzh agentzh at
Tue Nov 23 10:18:32 MSK 2010

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 5:44 AM, John Axel Eriksson <john at> wrote:
> Thanks so much for replying! I'm very very saddened though since I love nginx so much but
> now must part ways.

We do really want this feature as well. We're now using ngx_proxy as a
non-blocking HTTP client for our ngx_lua applications (we also use
ngx_drizzle as the non-blocking mysql client and ngx_memc for the

> Is there any sort of plan to support this in the future? I guess it might mean
> you must support http 1.1 to backends...

Our team will try implementing ngx_proxy_more or something like that
to include basic HTTP 1.1 (keepalive + chunked) support to ngx_proxy
in the first quarter of the next year if Igor does not do that himself