nginx: worker process exited with fatal code 2 and cannot be respawn | eventfd() failed.

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Nov 24 19:41:12 MSK 2010

Hello!

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 05:14:45PM +0100, Eric A. wrote:

[...]

> 2010/11/24 15:48:03 [emerg] 18529#0: eventfd() failed (38: Function not
> implemented)

[...]

> Please note that i used yum to install nginx and it is running on a
> CentOS.   It was running perfectly. I have researched into the problem
> but most solutions suggest that i recompile the nginx
> "--without-file-aio" option which does not help me.

You have to recompile nginx *without* --with-file-aio configure
option.

Your system lacks eventfd() support and nginx compiled with
--with-file-aio configure option (on another host? compile on the
host in question with --with-file-aio should fail unless your
system headers screwed up) won't work on it.