gzip issue.

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Fri Nov 26 14:35:42 MSK 2010

Hello!

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 04:38:56AM -0500, doors wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I use gzip feature with following configuration.
> If upstream server doesn't make a gzip file, everything is ok and
> perfect.
>
> However if upstream server makes a gzip file, NGINX always send a gzip
> file to client.
> in this case, NGINX doesn't check both accep-enconding and user-agent.

If upstream server returned gzip response - nginx won't touch it.
It's expected behaviour.

If you really want nginx to gunzip upstream responses - you may
install gunzip module as available here:

http://mdounin.ru/hg/ngx_http_gunzip_filter_module/
http://mdounin.ru/hg/files/ngx_http_gunzip_filter_module-0.3.tar.gz