nginx: worker process exited with fatal code 2 and cannot be respawn | eventfd() failed.

Eric Agbeli lists at
Fri Nov 26 18:44:47 MSK 2010

Maxim Dounin wrote in post #964105:
>> > ./configure && make && make install
>> >
>> > Maxim Dounin
>> Hi in trying to recompile with the command -$./configure
>> --without-file-aio. I am faced with this error.
>> ./configure: error: invalid option "--without-file-aio"
> There are no configure argument --without-file-aio, and this error
> is expected.
>> I alternatively compiled with the latest nginx source file(nginx-0.8.53)
>> without "--with-file-aio" configure option and it compiled ok. But after
>> reinstalling nginx on the system and running nginx i have the same error
>> existing in the error logs.
> Most likely you are starting wrong binary, not the one you've just
> compiled and installed.
> Please follow startup scripts you use to find binary you actually
> starting and examine it (with ls -l to check date/time, via
> running with -V switch to see configure arguments).
> Maxim Dounin

Thanks a mil for drawing my attention to the fact that i was running the
old binary. I investigated further and realized that the startup script
as you stated was pointing to an old binary. So I modified the script to
point to the new binary and all seems to be working perfectly well. :D

I must add that it seems right to build with the new source which is
nginx-0.8.53. One other thing was that, I faced an error while pointing
to the new binary file. Error is shown below

unknown directive "ssl" in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf

The solution to solving this problem was to recompile nginx with the
configure option "--with-http_ssl_module".

./configure --with-http_ssl_module

THANKS MAXIM!!! 'MEDAASE' as we say in my local dialect.

Posted via