proxy_cache_bypass documentation?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Fri Oct 1 17:01:14 MSD 2010

Hello!

On Fri, Oct 01, 2010 at 03:05:10AM -0400, Dayo wrote:

> I moved my installation from the old stable 0.7.x branch to the new
> stable 0.8.x and cannot proceed as I get an error message saying
> proxy_cache_bypass must be used along with proxy_no_cache since v0.8.46.

It's not "must", but to achieve the same effect it should.

proxy_no_cache now means "don't store results into cache"
proxy_cache_bypass means "don't return results from cache"

Both have the same syntax.

> However, it seems proxy_cache_bypass is not documented anywhere (can't
> find it on the wiki anyway apart from one statement in the 0.8.46
> changelog listing it as a new feature).
>
> Can anyone kindly point me to where I can find documentation on this?

In Russian it's here:

http://sysoev.ru/nginx/docs/http/ngx_http_proxy_module.html#proxy_cache_bypass