test.php being downloaded instead of displayed

Ilan Berkner iberkner at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 06:33:27 MSD 2010

No problem... we were all new one time, I'm still learning.

How are you planning on serving php?

Nginx by itself does not process scripts, simply passes the requests to a
backend.

Google: php-fpm (see php-fpm.org) or apache mod_php for example.

Your nginx configuration file is called "nginx.conf" in it you specify how
you want php to be served.