Plone's webdav and NGINX?

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at
Mon Oct 4 22:54:12 MSD 2010

I have the following setup running:

server {
  listen   8443;# Custom port as the standard 443 is taken by kolab
  # SSL is using KOLAB generated credentials
  ssl  on;
  ssl_certificate  /kolab/etc/kolab/cert.pem;
  ssl_certificate_key  /kolab/etc/kolab/key.pem;
  ssl_session_timeout  5m;
  ssl_protocols  SSLv3 TLSv1;
  ssl_ciphers  ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv3:+EXP;
  ssl_prefer_server_ciphers   on;
  location / {

I am now trying to make plone's webdav capabilities available through nginx
and added

  location /dav/ {
    dav_methods  PUT DELETE MKCOL COPY MOVE;
    create_full_put_path    on;
    dav_access      user:rw;

When attempting to mount that location through davfs, I get properly asked
for user an password, but the resulting mountpoint remains empty (just
"lost+found" is present).
I started to read u and am wondering whether this is a limitation rooted in
nginx's limited webdav support or whether I am doing something generally
wrong ... any input is highly appreciated. Thanks for your time,