0.8.52 AIO problem

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Fri Oct 8 22:20:36 MSD 2010

Hello!

On Fri, Oct 08, 2010 at 06:45:08PM +0200, "Brane F. Gračnar" wrote:

> On 10/07/2010 05:25 PM, Maxim Dounin wrote:
> >
> > Backtrace is mostly useless here as it shows trace to check, not
> > to the real problem. Though it shows that you may want to
> > recompile again with lower optimization to simplify debugging
> > (note this "<value optimized out>" things).  I usually debug
> > with -O0 as it minimizes compiler artifacts.  For CPU-bound hosts
> > you may want to use -O1 instead.
>
> Ok, nginx recompiled again :)

[...]

> See attachments for all worker processes stacktraces.

As I already said, backtrace is useless.  You have to provide
output of various gdb commands I wrote in previous message.

It should enough to examine only one core, but please keep it (and
coresponding binary) for future reference.

> Main server error log (700KB):
> http://frost.ath.cx/.tmp/main-err.log.gz
>
> Vhost error log (2.3MB):
> http://frost.ath.cx/.tmp/vhost-err.log.gz

It would be much better to have combined one to preserve order of
messages.  I.e. just comment out error_log in vhost.

And, more importantly, I don't see "open socket left" alerts in
these logs.  Looks like they were omitted somehow.