Preventing args other than list

Markus Jelsma markus.jelsma at openindex.io
Mon Oct 11 19:43:03 MSD 2010

Hi list,

We're having an upstream server that can accept many different parameters. Most
query string parameters can be predefined in the backend itself but some cannot
because they are unpredictable.

We'd like to configure our proxy as to only allow a set of parameters that we
want to define in Nginx. Configuring the list in a map seems easy, but comparing
it to the actual query parameters seems hard.

I know how i can test on availability of parameters by using $args_PARAMETER
and the if directive. But just as in the backend, we wan't to inverse the
list.  We need to define what IS allowed, not wat ISN'T allowed.

Any suggestions on how to procede?

Cheers,

--
Markus Jelsma - CTO - Openindex