nginx - can front-end proxy for very long POSTs with upload status support?

jb justinbeech at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 01:54:24 MSD 2010

Hi list,
I did do some google searches but came up empty. I read the nginx
proxy module docs but also came up empty.

Can nginx act as a front-end proxy for very long POST requests where
the back-end server is not bothered until the POST is totally complete
(at which point it is given the data).

Further, can it support (while the POST is in progress) another query
as to the status of the POST (bytes completed, bytes to go).

These two things are needed to take away POST loads from back-end
typically pre-forked app servers where they are tied down watching a
long upload dribble in.

thanks.