Safari intermittently hangs when loading FCGI request

Sen Haerens lists at ruby-forum.com
Tue Oct 19 17:40:49 MSD 2010

It did some further testing and Safari with User-Agent Firefox is
working correctly. Only difference I could notice is that in this case
Keep-Alive connections are enabled.

As a final solution I removed the else condition in
/src/http/ngx_http_core_module.c (line 806) that disables keep-alive
connections for Safari by default. What's the reason this is hardcoded
by default in Nginx source?

Maybe add an option to make this user configurable in the future? Even
apple.com is sending Keep-Alive headers. I suppose they know what they
are doing. ;-)