server performance issue

Xin Liu liuxin84 at
Tue Oct 26 10:42:21 MSD 2010

Hi all,

For yesterday, my server is getting slower and slower...
Sometime php-fpm is taking up 100% cpu, and there are about 1G free memory.
Everytime I restart nginx and php-fpm, webserver will be OK. But after about
15minutes, it'll be very slow.....

My server is running debian, and web server is
Hardware environment is I3 and 4G memory. It's that it's not hardware

And below is my configurations, anyone can give me a suggestion about this
issue? How can I optimize server performance?

user www-data;
worker_processes 4;
worker_cpu_affinity 0001 0010 0100 1000;
error_log /var/log/nginx/error.log;
pid /var/run/;
events {
use epoll;
worker_connections 10240;
multi_accept on;
http {
include /etc/nginx/mime.types;
default_type application/octet-stream;
access_log /var/log/nginx/access.log;
sendfile on;
tcp_nopush on;
tcp_nodelay on;
server_names_hash_bucket_size 128;
server_name_in_redirect off;
server_tokens off;
keepalive_timeout 60;
send_timeout 60;
client_header_buffer_size 4k;
large_client_header_buffers 4 4k;
client_max_body_size 20m;
gzip on;
gzip_min_length 1k;
gzip_buffers 4 16k;
gzip_http_version 1.0;
gzip_comp_level 9;
gzip_types text/plain text/css image/x-icon image/bmp
application/x-javascript application/xml;
gzip_vary on;
fastcgi_connect_timeout 300;
fastcgi_send_timeout 300;
fastcgi_read_timeout 300;