server performance issue

SplitIce mat999 at
Tue Oct 26 14:58:29 MSD 2010

ive found that if you have no blocking functions in php, aka its CPU bound
then number of  CPU cores+1 is the most efficient. If it has mysql (most
likely does) and other IO bound operations then *2 or *3 is fine. values
between 20-30 are common in decent scale web servers, in fact on my i7 8gb
ram I run 20, on my amd x2 4gb ram I run 15.

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 9:52 PM, Phil Bayfield <phil at>wrote:

> Sorry didn't read you config before posting, you already have this. :)
> You probably need to reduce the number of child processes, more is not
> better.
> On intensive PHP applications I've found lower is better.
> For example, if you have 100 concurrent connections, this doesn't mean
> you necessarily need 100 PHP-FPM children.
> nginx at

Warez Scene <> Free Rapidshare