Problem with Solaris

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Tue Oct 26 23:16:20 MSD 2010

Hello!

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 03:55:38PM +0200, Frédéric Goudal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just came to this old problem :
> readv() failed (22: Invalid argument) while reading upstream
> Running nginx 0.8.52 on Solaris10
>
> I have seen a message from 2008 that spoke about that, but it seems that the bug is not yet resolved.
> Or is there any workaround ?

The only thread I see in archives is this one (in Russian):

http://nginx.org/pipermail/nginx-ru/2008-March/016620.html

There Igor explains that there are two possible causes:

1) (An unknown) bug in nginx.

2) Known problem in Solaris which sets errno to EINVAL (instead of
ECONNRESET as others do and POSIX requires) when connection is
reset by peer (i.e. your backend).

I believe (2) is much more probable (read: check your backend).

If you think that cause is (1) you may want to provide more
debugging info, see here:

http://wiki.nginx.org/Debugging