proxy caching primer?

Ryan Malayter malayter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 08:20:55 MSD 2010

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Ilan Berkner <iberkner at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to understand proxy caching, specifically for our php scripts.
>  How? what? when?
> Can anyone give me some basics?
> What about php scripts which serve dynamic data?
> Thanks

It's generally considered rude to post the same question twice in
quick succession.

I suggest you read http://wiki.nginx.org/NginxHttpProxyModule and the
mailing list archives (searched via google), then experiment in a test
environment. That's the only way you'll really understand what's going
on and be able to apply it to your own applications. As for your PHP
scripts, whether or not caching them is good or bad totally depends on
your application - they should only be cached if slighly old data
being served to users doesn't break things.

--
RPM