conditional cache

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Sep 2 19:52:17 MSD 2010

Hello!

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 11:15:14AM -0400, paul2791 wrote:

> I just tried a quick test, using your first method for users/guests ,
> with 419 instead of 418. Seems to work fine. Any reason I couldn't or
> shouldn't use these codes to redirect to different interal @locations???

418 is one from RFC 2324, "Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control
Protocol".  It means "I'm a teapot".  Good code to say request
should be processed elsewhere. ;)

You are free to use any 4xx/5xx code otherwise unused in a
particular location (and it's good idea to avoid overloading codes
which may happen to be returned due to other reasons).