Beginner's question: redirecting /dir/index.html to /dir/

ez77 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Sep 14 02:51:48 MSD 2010

Thank you, Igor. I have cleaned up my subdomain redirection the way it
should be. Moreover, your instructions for "dir/index.html -> dir/" work
under version 0.8.50.

As the whole point of my pet peeve was to have unique, canonical URLs
for every document, I found it surprising that now URLs such as .../dir
are not automatically rewritten (301) as .../dir/ . I know I'm a royal
pain... but (if you don't mind) what is the difference now?

Thanks again!

Ezequiel

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,128951,130146#msg-130146