Problem starting nginx after upgrading to 0.8.51

Brandon Amaro omega13a at fedtrek.com
Tue Sep 28 02:09:24 MSD 2010

After I upgraded nginx today to 0.8.5 whenever I start the nginx
service, I get this error:

Starting nginx: Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/auto/nginx/nginx.so' for
module nginx: /usr/lib/perl5/auto/nginx/nginx.so: undefined symbol:
ngx_http_core_module at /usr/lib/perl5/XSLoader.pm line 70.
  at /usr/lib/perl5/nginx.pm line 54
Compilation failed in require.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.
[alert]: perl_parse() failed: 255

I'm running Fedora Core 13 and I installed nginx using an RPM I built
with the attached spec file though I'm including the SRPM which might be
useful.

Any help in getting nginx working again would be greatly appreciated.

--

omega13a
Owner and Founder of UFT