spaces in URI

cgarver nginx-forum at nginx.us
Tue Sep 28 18:35:15 MSD 2010

Reposting to fix the grammar errors!

Hello folks,

I have tried both nginx 0.8.46 and 0.8.52 to reverse proxy a URI that
contains a whitespace, but I'm having no luck. Any URI without a space
loads just fine, but one that contains a white space results in a "Bad
Request - HTTP Error 400. The request is badly formed."

I had verified that the patch referenced above was in the source of
0.8.46. [The %20 substitution was missing from the proxy module so I
added it, but adding that substitution didn't help.]

Are any of you folks able to reverse proxy a white space URI like
"http://forum.nginx.org/siteX/storage/Nice Images/test-image.jpg" That's
not a valid URI. I just wanted to give an example that shows the type of
white space that is in my URI.

thanks,
Chris

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,97031,134985#msg-134985