force last-modified with SSI enabled?

Alex Sergeyev asergeyev at
Wed Sep 29 23:01:09 MSD 2010

Sorry that it's completely different of what you expect but I offer to
not use it at all in this case.

My workaround is to send Expires header and Cache-Control: max-age.
IMO this is good enough without making complicated work to answer with
"last modified".

Or send real "old one" like Facebook does:

There is no good in sending "actual" last modified timestamp to client.
It was designed to make intellectual caching but only makes things