Request for Review: nginx module to strip whitespace from served pages.

Vedang vedang.manerikar at
Sat Apr 2 18:26:12 MSD 2011

Hi All,

I've written a module to strip whitespace from text served by nginx in order
to reduce bandwidth consumed. I'm currently testing my module on a staging
server with nginx 0.7.67. However, since this is the first nginx-module that
I've written, I would be grateful if someone could review my code and point
out any mistakes I might have made from ignorance/inexperience.

The code for my module is at I
have based it on a function used by reddit, the code for which can be found
here: Any
suggestions would be highly welcome. Thanks!

Unix is simple. It takes a genius to understand it's simplicity.    -
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how
hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.    -    Calvin.

Software Developer,
Infinitely Beta.