PHP + FPM with error pages

Francis Daly francis at
Thu Apr 7 22:25:31 MSD 2011

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 01:38:17PM -0400, Humza wrote:

Hi there,

> I know that this question has been asked before but I can't seem to fix
> my error pages.

So... what have you tried?

> I am currently working on a website is on a vhost (not that I could get
> a non-vhost php error message working). Any page or folder that doesn't
> have the .php extension displays my custom error page, but if it is a
> .php file I just see a blank page.

I don't get a blank page for php script missing errors, but I can get
a page with just the words "No input file specified."

> My nginx.conf and the vhost that I am working on are here:
>   (-) nginx.conf -

That includes the line

 include /etc/nginx/conf.d/*.conf;

so some of the configuration is hidden.

>   (-) my vhost -

That includes the line

 include php;

so some more of the configuration is hidden.

What is fastcgi_intercept_errors set to?

And if it is "on", what does the debug log show?

Good luck,

Francis Daly        francis at