Enabling ssl crashes windows nginx 1.0.0

jakehilton nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Apr 18 20:57:57 MSD 2011

I just got nginx running great on my windows box over port 80. As soon
as I tried to have it serve up ssl things quickly degrade.

After starting up nginx I get a prompt to enter my passphrase for my ssl
which is correct. After entering the passphrase.. nginx looks to run for
5 seconds and then quits. I see this in the log:

2011/04/18 09:49:09 [alert] 1992#4548: the event "ngx_master_1992" was
not signaled for 5s

I'm not sure what can be done about this error. My conf looks like:

server {
        listen      443 default ssl;
        server_name  _;

        ssl_certificate      ssl/mysite.crt;
        ssl_certificate_key  ssl/mysite.key;

        location / {
            root   html;
            index  index.html index.htm;

I feel like I'm missing something rather minor. Any help would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,
Jake

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,192121,192121#msg-192121