PHP dead pages with php-fpm and nginx

TECK nginx-forum at
Tue Apr 26 22:40:11 MSD 2011

Hi all,

I noticed today some weird errors when I tried to refresh a basic php
page (phpinfo() function).
The page loads fine when I click refresh several times, then all of the
sudden I get a dead page, no 404, no Nginx error, nothing. It looks like
someone disconnected the network cable for a fraction of second. I
checked both php and nginx logs, nothing is there. I even enabled the
debug mode to be safe.

I have a very basic configuration:

	upstream fastcgi {
		server weight=5;
		server weight=5;

	location / {
		try_files		$uri $uri/ /index.php;

	location ~ \.php$ {
		fastcgi_pass		fastcgi;
		include			fastcgi.conf;

Do you know what could generate this issue? The site is closed now so
only 2-3 people have access to the setup.
Do you recommend any tools or settings that will allow me to verify if
the network is shaky?