Nginx Slowdown on Solaris

darckos nginx-forum at
Thu Apr 28 16:12:59 MSD 2011

I use nginx 0.8.53 on Solaris 10 and I feel like I reach a kind of limit
but I'm not abble to find it.
I use Nginx to serve static image and sometimes to get one image I need
to wait 10 or more seconds.

nginx is launched with a ulimit -n 65536, and here is my config:

worker_processes  40;
error_log  logs/error.log;
events {
        worker_connections  8192;
        devpoll_events  1;
http {
    include       mime.types;
    default_type  application/octet-stream;

    sendfile        on;
    keepalive_timeout  15;

    gzip  on;
    gzip_buffers 16 8k;
    gzip_types text/plain text/html text/css text/javascript
    server {
        listen      80;

I've got stub_status activated and here is a graph with the stats I

I modify log level in order to check if I've got some warning about
wrong configuration but nothing.

Do you have any idea to solve this problem ?

Thanks for your help,