[ANN] ngx_openresty released

agentzh agentzh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 07:46:44 UTC 2011

Hi, folks!

I'm happy to announce that ngx_openresty has been released:

This release features the ability to be built and run on FreeBSD 8.2
and Solaris 11, even with LuaJIT enabled. Our ngx_set_misc, ngx_lua,
and ngx_drizzle modules have been upgraded to their latest versions,
with both bug fixes and new features. New options has also been added
to the ./configure script, like --with-libpq, --with-pg_config,
--with-make and --with-no-pool-patch. You can find the complete change
log on the following page:

The devel release is the first (pre)release that includes
the latest nginx stable version 1.0.5.

OpenResty (aka. ngx_openresty) is a full-fledged web application
server by bundling the standard Nginx core, lots of 3rd-party Nginx
modules, as well as most of their external dependencies.

By taking adantage of various well-designed Nginx modules, OpenResty
effectively turns the nginx server into a powerful web app server, in
which the web developers can use the Lua programming language to
script various existing nginx C modules and Lua modules and construct
extremely high-performance web applications that is capable to handle
10K+ connections.

The bundled software components are copyrighted by the respective
copyright holders.

You can find out more information on the OpenResty web site

Have fun!