Generating redirects to internal named locations

Paul Findlay paul at
Wed Aug 10 07:09:29 UTC 2011

> In this case, many software developers will tell you that factoring out
> common lines of configuration as I have suggested prevents bugs and is
> easier to read.
> In my example above, if I misconfigure the perl section, I only have to
> fix it in one place. If I do it the way you suggest, pasting that
> configuration into 20 different location blocks, I have to fix any
> configuration bug in 20 places. If I change one location slightly,
> it may be hard to spot that there's a bug in that location.
You can share much of the fastcgi configuration for each location by
'factoring' it out into a separate fastcgi configuration file and
including it like so:

include  <>  /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;

     Paul Findlay