Be Aware!! Russian DDOS Hacker Ivan Ivanov of Khabarovsk

Valery Kholodkov valery+nginxen at
Fri Aug 12 10:34:27 UTC 2011

Sounds like a dark PR of Amazon Cloud Services. Well, I can image, hating Russians is profitable...

Would it be possible to tell me your name, residence address and occupation please?

----- ex2501 <nginx-forum at> wrote:
> Since last week, Our website  has been under DDOS
> (Distributed Denial Of Service)attack by someone who goes by the name of
> Ivan Alekseevich Ivanov from Khabarovsk, Russia and he demanded $3,500
> to stop the attack. We ignored him and decided to try Amazon Cloud
> Service.
> Please beware of Russians!! I also searched the Internet for better ways
> to prevent DDOS ATTACK. All I got was 'prevention is better than cure'.
> It said that DDOS happens because of vulnerable softwares/applications
> running on a machines in a particular network. If there is any good
> idea, please tell me here:)
> First Name - Ivan Alekseevich
> Last Name - Ivanov
> country - Russia