Routing based on cookies

Kamil Gorlo kgorlo at
Mon Aug 15 09:59:20 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 1:17 AM, leepengg <pengli.hust at> wrote:
> ngx_lua( should meet your need.

Yeah, I found this before but it looks that is not enough for me. Of
course I can choose exact backend using lua (sth. similar to this: but if this backend
fails to respond I have no cotrol what nginx should do next, i.e it
will return error and not - as I wanted - try another server.

It looks that a lot of modules could be raplaced by lua scripts, but
as far as I understand not 'load-balancer' modules like ip_hash or
upstream_hash. Am I right?