resolver didn't work when proxy_pass is a given domain.

chinix chinix at
Mon Aug 15 12:42:23 UTC 2011

sorry for my poor english first.

I run nginx as a reverse proxy server,and set a dns server for it.
I add the dns for the nginx at http directive:
In nginx configuration:
and the dns server configuration: point to
but in debug log:
2011/08/15 15:51:45 [error] 16819#0: *1 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client:, server:, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream:, host: ""

it show the nginx resole from system defined dns.

only when I configuration nginx:
proxy_pass http://$http_host;

the nginx resolve through the define dns.

How to only use the defined dns for nginx even the proxy_pass source is a domain?